Blog 2

Ok, been putting off writing but my Aunt suggested 15 minutes a day, time that I might otherwise be spending just pissing around doing nothing much at all, checking my facebook and other nonessential and timewasting tasks.

I've been thinking for ages that I should make a list of things that I never want to forget about my lovely son, so that I can look back when he's a growling smelly-socked teenager and go "awww, but you remember when...". Or just to hold these little pockets of perfection in my heart forever.

1. His silky smooth, delightfully plump cheeks. So soft and cool like the middle of one of those lindt chocolates, the moment that the hard chocolate is broken and the cooling soft middle touches your tongue. Or like a good quality high thread count cotton pillowcase, fresh from the wash and plump on the bed. When i feel his cheek against my own i want to hold him like that forever, the joy it brings to my heart is indescribable.

2. His deep chocolaty brown eyes, especially when I catch him looking up at me, as if I am the answer to all of his questions. The whites are so bluey-white and clear and the roundness so manga-perfect. His gaze is so innocent and loving that it eats all of my heart up and makes me fall in love all over again.

3. The way that he was born without eyelashes, and now when I look down upon him as he sleeps, his lovely ever growing lashes are several different lengths.

4. In fact, just watching him sleep, so peaceful, with his tiny chest rising and falling with each breath. Sometimes he pulls a face, or smiles, one of his big dimply smiles or makes sucking motions with his mouth and I know that he is having dreams inside that big amazing baby head of his.

5. if I put my hand on his chest I can feel his baby heart and I wonder at what it looks like, pumping away inside his baby chest, pushing and pulling blood around his little baby body and I am ever in awe of the process that has made my little boy and that keeps him alive and growing bigger and stronger every day.

6. Of course, his baby hands and feet are a miracle of construction of their own. Note to self: must get one of those baby casting kits before he gets too big. When he was born, his fingers looked liked little prawns (his little prawny fingers, I called them), but his hands are now growing into useful-looking appendages, big and strong looking.

7. His big explosive poos, spreading beyond the confines of any nappy and once (so far) even spreading to my own lap! And his water-jet pee's, highly amusing. Bodily functions that to me are cute and wonderful.

Gosh, that was 15 minutes, plus. I'm feeling all emotional now, and slightly teary-eyed after that tender reminisce. And the prawn fingers thing reminded me that I'm kinda hungry so even though 7lb have managed to mysteriously attach themselves to my hips over the Easter period, I will go and make food for me and the doggy before my beautiful boy wakes again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Twitter

Letter to twitter part 2

letter to my son 3