Letter to son - March

My sweet love,

Is it March already? Oh how time flies when you're having fun! You are SO much fun, I should point out some of your Malachi-isms as they make me smile so much...like...you think that a ghost is just when you put a cloth/coat/t-shirt/bit of pay dough on top of your head and walk round bumping into things...like...saying 'wock n woll, baby' and 'come on then' and 'good god..amess' (can't imagine where you picked those phrases up from *looks all innocent, and a little bit guilty*. You love pouring liquids and making a big mess, but you can wipe it up again afterwards when I pass you a cloth. You love to be tickled and say 'more' - you're a crazy giggler and you laugh is as infectious as your smile. You are super independent but when you want a cuddle you come to me all sleepy and wrap your arms and legs around me and rest your head in my neck and it is the best feeling ever. My life is made worthwhile when you come up and randomly hug or kiss me, you can be so gentle and loving and it makes me smile from ear to ear and from head to toe. The other day in the car you told me 'mummy youra sweetie' and if I hadn't been driving I'd have smothered you in kisses, it made my day that did.

We are attempting potty training at the moment. Day two you refused to wear your pants, so I gave in and let you wear a nappy seeing as we were out of the house all afternoon anyway. But the post lady brought us a nice potty training book so I'm hoping that will help - I have read Pirate Pete to you many times tonight.

You love the great outdoors - you'd stay outside all day if I let you, even if I'm freezing cold, you don't seem to feel it, probably because you're always so busy. You sleep in your big boy bed now, well, you start the night there at least, though in all of your entire life you have only once slept all the way through the night, and that was about a month ago. I woke up in the morning wondering what had happened to you because you always awaken in the night crying, and I either fetch you or you come into my bed by yourself and snuggle up and go back to sleep. I kind of missed you that day, but I would quite like to get a full nights sleep again sometime soon, if you can manage it! People say that they don't know how I do it - bringing you up on my own and getting no sleep but you are worth every eye bag and wrinkle, and I have just kind of gotten used to functioning on half a brain. We muddle along, we do, don't we? Anyway, speaking of tiredness, I'm going to keep it short tonight and head off to sleep, my brain is fogging over and I've completely forgotten all the things I was going to say.

We will do some gardening tomorrow, weather permitting, and try and get some seeds and things in so we've got something nice to eat over the summer. We like messing about in the garden - you just like getting muddy, I think!

Sweet dreams poppet,

Mummy loves you more than crisps, more than tea, more than marmite, more than shadow, more than anything else in the world ever invented ever, more than life i love you honey, and you get better every single day too,

mwah! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Twitter

Letter to twitter part 2

letter to my son 3