End of September honey (letter)

Hello my honey bunny,

Actually, you'd object to that, you object to being called anything that you are not, such as 'baby' ("I'm three and a half!").  Unless we are playing, and you love to play pretend games, such as tortoise, where you hide under my pink washing basket and shuffle around the floor, or pussy cat where you miaw and let me stroke your hair.  Or dog, where I throw a toy and you fetch it, or if we are on an actual dog walk, you attach the lead to me or yourself and we take turns.  Now you are stronger, we play koala too - a bit like a piggy back but with you holding yourself on.  You invent great games, like today we were at the park near the trains (your favourite) and we took your boom bats, a couple of cars and a cricket bat and ball and you invented several hours of games to keep us entertained and active.

You make me laugh so much, and now you are older I know you do it on purpose, to me and other people too, you love being the entertainer and can have people falling about laughing.  You went to see your Daddy last weekend and unintentionally made me and your Granny properly lol when you told us how you had spat at him when he wouldn't put you down.  I am proud that you can stand up for yourself, and you still stand up for other people too, you will not have anyone picking on anyone else.

You make up jokes all the time, which don't make sense at all but then again I don't suppose our jokes make much sense to you either, with subtleties of language and even objects that you are not familiar with.  But the way you tell yours just makes me laugh anyway, with humour ad pride at your creativity.  You have a song for everything and sing your way through much of the day, "I know a song about up and down", for example, you announced, and you did.  Your days are filled with train and train related stories and your brain is so quick and full of such vivid imagination that I am constantly amazed.

You're just amazing.  When I grew up, I think people just saw children as inferior beings, with no minds of their own and as such we were very much restricted in action and thought.  As a consequence of this, I love to let you express yourself physically and verbally, as much as I can and though you have only lived for three and a half short years, your personality and confidence and intelligence shines through so strongly that I have no choice but to value you as the very special individual that you are.

This week you climbed higher than ever before, to the highest point at the Riversley Park playground and also at Hartshill Hayes.  Your physical skills are improving all the time, and it's amazing how fast.  Your body is strong and when I tickle your tummy, it is no longer squishy baby fat but strong muscle from your adventurous lifestyle.

I hope that you remember our days out together, playing and climbing and running and chasing in the open air, through trees and fields and up and down hills.  It's funny being a single Mum because I find myself not only in the role of Mother and Father but also of brother, sister and friend, and you involve me in your games as an equal.  My life with you is amazing.  Sometimes I worry that i don't have enough money to take you to fancy places and weekly classes but we always find things to do together and you never seem bored, you are such an inventive and busy soul.

Your natural leadership is awe inspiring to me, even if it does lead to a few clashes (will you just put your pants on!!).  We were at Granny and Grandads recently and I asked you to put your toys away, at which point you instructed them to work nicely as a team and tidy up the toys.  And they did, while you supervised! 

You swim with your sharks fin on and we had a great day recently at Pingles.  I should take you more but I am restricted financially to what we can do.  Lucky then we live in the countryside, a natural playground, with plenty of things to see and do and nearby places to cycle to, and Granny and Grandad kindly bought us zoo memberships, so we can always go and visit there, though you mostly love the little train ride.

Anyway sweet cheeks, as always I am up too late and i have a big cleaning job to do tomorrow after our big painty creative day today.  Glitter, paint and toys everywhere!!

You are sleeping soundly beside me, breathing gently. I am going to join you.

I love you to the end of the universe and back, innumerate times.

Love,
Your Mummy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Twitter

Letter to twitter part 2

letter to my son 3