Nearly Christmas baby....letter to son.....

To my favourite person,

Wow hasn't this year flown by?  I keep meaning to write and to document your growing wonderfulness but this year has been hard to write about without bring your father into it.  it's so hard not to speak ill of him because he hurt me very badly but I know you are a clever and very sensible and sensitive boy and you will see him as he really is.

Your intelligence shines thorough, you learn so quickly, you only need to be shown once and you have learnt it.  Even stuff I don't think you notice, you do, and maybe several months later even you will surprise me with something you tell me or something you do.  your maturity astounds me and I forget sometimes you are only nearly three, but then you do something crazy and funny like run round in circles, or find something 'incredible'. 'wow' or 'amazing', as if you have seen it for the very first time. 

Your use of descriptive language astounds me, for example while some kids might describe a big object or a small object, you will describe colour, texture, location and all sorts of additional descriptive information.  I say 'wow' on a daily basis, several times a day even.  You may not always realise it but I just sometimes sit and gaze at you in complete awe.

You are so socially aware, you know how to behave in numerous situations, and are the kindest, most compassionate, caring and selfless human being I have ever met.  I mentioned in an earlier post how you helped the poor girl crying at the water park.  You will share your toys and food without any prompting from an adult, you do it because you have a heart of gold.  I have never been treated so nicely by another human being, nobody has ever been kinder to me than you are - you are a joy to live with and whoever you end up with in life will be a very lucky person.  I have had loads of skin trouble recently and you told me that you are a doctor and will fix my skin.  I wonder if that will happen? We shall see.

Everyone congratulates me on my mothering skills but in truth my baby it is you.  Nobody can be taught the goodness that is naturally in your soul, you are an amazing and unique human being and I am so lucky to be your mummy.  You will randomly sense my agony and come and kiss me, squeeze my arm or hug me and tell me its ok and you are looking after me, and my heart just explodes with a million sunshine rays.

You are cheeky too, and so funny, you just crack me up some of the things you do, you know how to make people smile and feel happy.  You can make me laugh with just a facial expression or body movement, we know each other so well and you know what will make me smile.  If i ever have to tell you off, which is rare, it is all I can do to keep a straight face.  When you climb on things, you say 'don't worry mummy, I'm being careful' and then when I climb on things you tell me to take care too.  It feels lovely, to know somebody cares about you so much.  I hope you feel the same.

You love to dance, and be chased, and do the 'chase dance' and at the moment you try to stand on your head quite a lot.  Your trains are still your main focus in life, but you also like the film Cars and the main characters from that, too.  I used to watch you play and listen to you babble in baby-talk but now I hear real words, and the stories you tell show a vivid imagination and and incredible use of language. 

I love our life together, we have such fun and I feel bad that this year we have had a shadow hanging over us with mummys sadness and the courts.  Mummy will find a way though to get through this, and i just hope that the experience doesn't hurt you in any way too.  You are my life, my inspiration and the main reason for everything.  I am the proudest mummy ever, and I love you so very very much.

mummy xxxxxxx * infinite

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Twitter

Letter to twitter part 2

letter to my son 3