letter to the boss - july

hey baby,

Well, less of a baby now aren't you? You're potty trained now my clever little boy.  And it was easy, I'd been setting the scene for you with your pirate pete book and elmo dvd and i had bought you pants and a nice potty.  You've been running around half-naked anyway with the warmer weather and one day you just wanted to wear your pants instead of your nappy and that was that.  You even take yourself to the potty now, and flush it all away.  How clever is that?  Well, I am very impressed anyway.  You continue to amaze me in so many ways, I think your wanting to be free of nappies just stemmed from your strong independent streak, you are so confident and like to do things yourself.  You love to help me too, for example I was carrying your car seat in from the car, you could see it was a bit heavy and rushed over the help me.  Little things like that just make me want to give you a big old monstersaurus cuddle and kiss your velvet-soft, perfectly plump cheeks and make you giggle.

I could watch your feet all day, they are so perfect, and never still.  You prefer to be barefoot - I don't know how it doesn't hurt you to walk over rocks and pebbles the way you do, carefully sometimes yet often just striding with purpose over grass, mud and stone.  Often muddy, sometimes painted, but never immobile, your toes move with your thoughts and your every action 'my beautiful toes', I say, and kiss them while you wriggle and giggle.

Your language is fantastic now, though I still have moments where I don't quite understand what you are saying, but then you make words up for me to repeat sometimes - I think you like to play tricks on me.  You are so kind and compassionate - I got bitten by a fly, (they are biting me a lot this summer) and you said 'don't worry mummy, i've got an idea, here hold Diesel, he will make you happy'.  That made me smile from buffer to buffer that did.   'Mummy, I've got an idea' are words I hear a lot, you are very full of ideas, and I love to just follow your lead where play is concerned.  On our walks I often let you lead and we have had some most excellent adventures because of it - we can walk for hours and find new places and we are all so happy to be outside. 

Yes, everything is still very much train-orientated - you always have at least one train to hand -  but you use your own imagination to create play scenarios, for example earlier today we were at your Granny and Grandads picking strawberries and playing with big James, little James and Salty on the patio and you decided they were going to Tidmouth Sheds so you looked around, picked up my bag and fashioned a shed out of it.  I am always amazed at your creativity.  This morning I'd washed out the big black inner bin and had it up-ended and drying on the sink and you walked in and said 'funnel'.  How very you, to make that association.

You used to introduce yourself as 'Mummykey' which i really loved but you are saying your name better now, although it sometimes comes out sounding like 'Muckiley', which, coincidentally, quite often you are.  It's been very wet this year and you are often found wet to the waist and muddy from a good puddle splash.  We lost one of your wellies on a walk by the river in Atherstone and when we returned to find it, it was very flooded.  You waded in up to your waist and at one stage fell backwards into it, looking a bit worried but kick, kick, kicking your legs like I tell you to when we go swimming.  And you still didn't want to go home, soaking from head to foot as you were, and it wasn't till the water got too deep and I insisted, that we all returned to the car.

Your swimming is going well though I should take you more than I do.  You've progressed to just swimming with your sharks fin and no armbands, and last time we went you asked to swim in the big pool.  You are a natural in water, you've loved it since birth, but you protested so much in the lessons that I decided to just teach you myself.

Ooh you're waking up now, you'll probably wander into my room soon, so I will stop typing now.

Love you my very favourite person in all the world,

Mummy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Letter to Twitter

Letter to twitter part 2

letter to my son 3